MARKETING & DIGITAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE (Part Time)
Lymington Harbour Commission is responsible for running Lymington Harbour, one of the most popular leisure sailing destinations in the UK and home to the Lymington to Yarmouth Isle of Wight ferry service and a small commercial fishing fleet. As a not for profit trust port all surplus revenues are reinvested back into improving the harbour for existing stakeholders and future generations.
About the role
This is an exciting new position where you will be working within a small and friendly team. Liaising closely with the Chief Executive, your role will be to work across web, design, content and customer experience, helping to improve Lymington Harbour’s marketing, communications and digital presence. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the planning and definition of upcoming marketing and communications campaigns and activities
- Implementing marketing and communications campaigns via our marketing platform
- Production of digital marketing materials
- Creating original, appealing and engaging posts
- Creating and replying to interaction with online audiences
- Monitoring statistics and presenting reports
- Working within time-scales
You will be part of a small team who deliver all aspects of running a busy harbour and must be able to communicate effectively. You will have:
- Prior experience of digital marketing in a similar role and a good understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Knowledge of appropriate design software such as Adobe Photoshop
- An understanding of social media platforms and their impact
- Ability to write concisely and eloquently
- Some form of customer service experience
- Fantastic communication skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- Great organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
About the Rewards
- Salary – Circa £12k (£29.6k FTE) **
- 12 month contract. As this is a new role we will be trialling the working hours to ensure the correct balance. After 12 months we envisage this will become a permanent appointment. ** As an alternative to direct employment in the first year we will offer a freelance rate of circa £20 per hour.
- Business performance related bonus
- Competitive pension (if employed directly)
- 15 hour working week (flexible working hours)
- 21 days annual leave (pro rata) – increasing to 25 days (pro rata) after 5 years plus bank holidays.
- Training & Development
- Free parking
Please email your covering letter and CV demonstrating your suitability for the role to email@example.com by the 2nd November 2018.